THE APPLIANCE COURSE FOR DENTAL SLEEP MEDICINE & TMD- ATLANTA, GA APR2018
Dentist: $1,495 Team Member: $795
With over 100 sleep apnea and TMD appliance brands on the dental market, it may seem overwhelming knowing which one to choose for which patient. The Dental Sleep Medicine & TMD appliance course is a 2-day journey towards increasing your mastery of dental sleep medicine and TMD appliances.
Participant will Learn
*The pros and cons of each major appliance, and which one is right for each patient.
*Develop communication protocols with patients and dental labs for more successful outcomes.
*Comprehensive exams and hands-on bite registration techniques.
*Triaging between sleep apnea and TMD treatment.
*Learn the latest medical billing policies, codes, and best practices for successful reimbursement.
– The Science Behind Oral Appliance Therapy
– Dental Sleep Medicine & TMD Appliance Mechanics
– Appliance selection for various clinical and physiological conditions
– Pros and Cons of the major obstructive sleep apnea appliances on the market
– Understand how the dental lab operates to set up efficient communication protocols
– Comprehensive Head and Neck Exam. Triaging between sleep apnea and TMD treatment
– How is bruxism related to craniofacial pain, treating the craniofacial pain and bruxism patient
– Hands-on bites, impressions and models
– Chairside adjustment of appliances
– Short-term follow up, calibration and efficacy testing
– Writing Progress Reports
– Educating the patient on the appliance and reviewing the wear and care with the patient
– Managing Side effects
– What happens when the patient rejects the appliance
– Weaning the patient off a TMD appliance
– Long-term recall
– Medical Insurance Codes for Exams, Radiographs, Appliance Delivery, Repairs and Lab Fees